skip to primary navigationskip to content

College membership

As an employee of the University you are not required to be a member of a college. Whereas, there are some benefits to being associated with a college, there can be demands placed upon your time to undertake College / supervision duties. Colleges provide research fellowships, and more recently postdoctoral College Research Associates Schemes, sometimes with office accommodation, for which there is an expectation that teaching will be undertaken. They can also provide a stimulating academic environment in which to meet researchers from other faculties. The colleges have different requirements for numbers of teaching fellowships and research fellowships so it is advisable to check their websites to look for advertisements for any research fellowships (which are in open competition), whereas teaching fellowships and CRA status are more usually offered to individuals who have already carried out college supervisions.

The University has moved into its "red" phase in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. All University staff, except those needed for business-critical activity, are now working remotely. Please contact us by email until further notice.