Postdocs employed by the University, Colleges, and Partner Institutes can now apply to rent accommodation on the North West Cambridge (NWC) site, which is due to be completed from spring 2017 onwards.
Here is some information about what is available, how eligibility and priority on the waiting list is calculated and how to apply.
- The first phase of accommodation is due to be available from spring 2017. This will consist of around 700 furnished 1 & 2 bedroom apartments. Maximum occupancy is a household of two adults and one child.
- Rents on the NWC site are subsidised and will vary for each individual or household - they will be calculated based on 30% of household income.
- To be eligible for NWC accommodation you must have a contract of at least 18 hours/week with the University, College, or Partner Institute - and you must have at least 12 months remaining on your contract.
- You can apply now via the Accommodation Service website - you can find more info on how to do this and some things to bear in mind when applying for NWC housing here.
- Applicants are placed on the waiting list for NWC accommodation in one of eight categories, with the highest priority given to those new to Cambridge.
If you have questions, you can contact Ruth Mann, Area Housing Manager, at NWCResidences@admin.cam.ac.uk.