The second Festival of Plants at the Cambridge University Botanic Garden was held on an exceptionally sunny and warm Saturday, 17 May bringing together horticulture and science in a day devoted to all things plant. See images from the event on Flickr.
Visitors were informed, entertained and fascinated by a range of events and exhibits, including Plant Promenade, Pop-up Plant Science, variety of talks and guided tours of the garden, ask the gardener and buy-a-plant stalls.
CPPS partners were on formidable form at the marquee, with an assortment of educational, entertaining and enjoyable displays:
- Society of Biology
- NIAB Innovation Farm
- Gwenda Kyd
- Sainsbury Lab
- Felsted School (in collaboration with University of Cambridge on a project) - Peel Power
- Transport group, Dept Plant Sci - Growing Round the Bend
- Plant Metabolism group, Dept Plant Sci in conjunction with EnAlgae, InCrops and BAS - Amazing Algae
- Physiological Ecology, Dept Plant Sci - Bromeliads and forest epiphytes
- Evolution and Development Group, Dept Plant Sci - Flower Patterning