The Herbarium Library is located in a room adjacent to the University Herbarium. They are both housed in a new facility in the Sainsbury Laboratory, in the Botanic Garden.
The Herbarium Library contains the material of primary interest to those using the Herbarium, ie:
- Works on taxonomy and systematics, including nineteenth-century works
- Simpson Collection of UK floras
- Some serials related to taxonomy
The Herbarium Library is only accessible under the following conditions:
- A visit to the Herbarium itself has been arranged : You can then be let into the Herbarium Library
- University card holders can have their cards programmed for access to the Herbarium Library [at any time] by completing and submitting it to the Academic Librarian, Professor David Coomes, for approval
If you simply need to borrow or look at a single specific item from the Herbarium Library, it is possible [in fact probably easier!] to ask for it to be collected and made available at the main Plant Sciences Library for you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like an item fetched, or if you have any queries.